Is HIV/AIDS is transmitted by mosquitoes? Do certain plants repulse mosquitoes? Is it true that mosquitoes prefer to suck blood of pregnant women?
The affirmative answer to those questions is only one… Read the myths about mosquitoes below and find out the answer to which question is affirmative one!
· The Purple Martinet eats a huge number of mosquito populations and therefore it is very important in the control process of mosquitoes.
FALSE – Purple Martinet eat mosquitoes but they are fastidious eaters an if is given the opportunity they will coos to feed by a larger insects over the mosquitoes. Researches have shown that only 1% – 3% of the Purple Martinet food consists oа mosquitoes.
· If you want to keep mosquitoes away from your house you have to attract some night bats to your yard because they will feed by mosquitoes.
FALSE – Investigations have shown that while night bats eat a great number of insects, mosquitoes make up a small part of their food.
· You can fight with mosquitoes with the help of electric tools that emit HF sounds.
FALSE – Investigations have concluded that electronic insecticides that emit HF sounds repel mosquitoes or prevent people from their bites. You can make a test of this technique and see if it works but be careful before purchasing of electric devices.
· Devices for electrical stunning repel mosquitoes from the house.
FALSE – While fly swatters kill a lot of insects, including mosquitoes, they will not fight with vermins from your home. Really, investigation has shown in the number of insects, that were killed with the help of electronic devices, only a small number was mosquitoes.
· The citrosa plant and citronella oil insecticides help in keeping mosquitoes away.
FALSE – No investigations have shown that the citrosa plant or any other plant in fact repels mosquitoes enough to make better a human comfort.
· HIV/AIDS can be transmitted through mosquitoes to humans.
FALSE – The HIV that causes Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) can’t survive in a mosquito which means that it cannot be transmitted from one human to another through mosquitoes.
Thus, the only one truth among the abovementioned myths is that the mosquitoes really prefer tu suck the blood of pregnant women to any other person. You ask why? Well, scientists in London suppose that it is so because the body temperature of pregnant women is higher than of the others